ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVYDE-382 proposed patch
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 02:58:16 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for volunteering to provide this feature patch. I had a look a the repo you pointed
to and read the README. It does seem to contain a good amount of work in that branch in multiple
commits.

To make it easier for whoever will decide about merging these to upstream ant-ivyde project,
would it to be possible for you to do the following:

1. *Fork* the ant-ivyde project (on github) https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/ into your
account. There’s a “Fork” button on the right corner of the github page for the repo.
2. Once forked into your account, you can push your enhancement and bug fix related commits
to either your master branch of your repo or any specific branch of your choice.
	- If the bug fixes are independent of the feature, then it would be good if they are done
in separate branches, so that a separate pull request (PR) can be issued.
3. Once you are ready with the commits, you can then issue a pull request (PR) from your repo
to the “master” branch of the ant-ivyde upstream repo https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/.
 Typically PRs are meant to contain commits that are all specific to a single feature or for
a specific bug fix.

Once the PRs are submitted, I’m sure one or more members of the development team who have
relevant knowledge of Eclipse and the project will review this and either merge it or provide
inputs.

Thanks again for this, both Ivy and IvyDE project has been stagnant for a while and with contributions
like these, we should be able to release out a new version soon.

-Jaikiran