ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy - BasicURLHandler ignoring timeout during connection?
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 14:10:26 GMT
I was looking at some timing issues in test cases and noticed that the BasicURLHandler.getURLInfo
with a timeout[1] seems to be ignoring that timeout completely. Am I missing something or
is it just a oversight/bug? Furthermore, the javadoc of URLHandler.getURLInfo doesn’t tell
much about what the timeout is about. I’m guessing it’s a connect timeout? Is the intention
to use to same for (socket) read timeout too?

It’s another matter that the test case that I was looking into doesn’t pass a timeout.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/src/java/org/apache/ivy/util/url/BasicURLHandler.java#L57
[2] https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/src/java/org/apache/ivy/util/url/URLHandler.java#L164

-Jaikiran