ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apa...@materne.de>
Subject AW: Ivy - Buildjobs/PreCommit
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 06:55:02 GMT
> > On a related note, while we are at this - does Apache infra allow the
> jobs to be run against Windows OS Jenkins agents as well? There are a
> few issues specifically reported against Windows OS and having the job
> run against linux and Windows OS should give a decent coverage for the
> upstream code.
>
> In Jenkins there is the concept of « Matrix » job.
> Here is the ones for Ant:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-1.9.x-
> Windows/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ant-Build-
> Matrix-1.9.x-Windows/>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-1.9.x-
> Linux/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ant-Build-Matrix-
> 1.9.x-Linux/>
> AFAIR, it used to be able to do on several different OS. I don’t know
> why they are split.
>
> And I don’t know if it is possible to do it while pulling a PR from
> github.

New buildjob "Ivy-GithubPR-Matrix". I deactivated the old (so we could easily switch back).
https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ivy-GithubPR-Matrix/
Basically a copy of the old job:
* discard old build jobs (keep 10)
* git merge support: fail the build if push fails
* github project: git://github.com/apache/ant-ivy.git
* git
  -- repository: git://github.com/apache/ant-ivy.git
  -- branches: */master (= default)
  -- clean before checkout
  -- recursively update submodules
  -- build commits submitted for validated merge (= PR support)
* start build: build pull request to the repository (= PR support)
* configuration matrix
  -- JDK: JDK 1.7 (latest), JDK 1.8 (latest), JDK 9 b156 with jigsaw
  -- os: label expression = ["ubuntu", "Windows"]
* abort the build if it's stuck: absolute 20 minutes
* Lock: Ant
* build
  -- ant(standard): clean coverage-report
* publish junit: build/test-report/**