ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [32/34] ant git commit: java 5-8
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 07:12:01 GMT
On 2017-04-20, Matt Benson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 2:48 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> Wouldn't we end up with a null InputStream and an exception being thrown
>> later on?

> In my debugging the XML parser allowed the null InputStream and took it
> upon itself to go find the named resource.

Ah, because of the SYSTEM id, I see.

>> so the current code is certainly wrong. I'll try to dig deeper into this
>> the coming days unless anybody else beats me to it.

> By "current" do you mean the code that increments past the ':' but not
> the '/', i.e. until I fixed said bug?

Right, the code in master has been fixed but the one in 1.9.x is still
broken. Apart from porting your fix I'd like to grep through the code
base to look for similar errors and maybe try to come up with a
test. Given the XML parser may be doing the job correctly anyway,
writing a test may not be possible.

Stefan