ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy - any future or is it also going to be retired?
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:43:27 GMT
+1. Nicolas' mail has some precise things that need to be done. I am
willing to help out wherever possible on those steps. I think the first
thing to release probably should be a 2.4.1-Beta-1 just to iron out any
process and other issues in itself and explicitly tag it as a beta so as
to maintain the right expectations.

One thing that I think is probably is a priority (based on what I have
been trying to attempt while helping out with Ivy patches) is that we
have a central system which builds this project and runs the testsuite
regularly against a *nix and Windows system. Is this already available
in the project/Ant ecosystem somewhere? Something like a Jenkins? If
not, is there any other option we have to make sure we really release
something that is reproducible?

-Jaikiran

On Wednesday 07 December 2016 05:36 PM, Oulds, Jonathan wrote:
> Nicolas raises some great ideas,
>
> I would suggest that we get those into Jira and try to cut a release from the current
code (just to test the release process).  If that works let's try to address one or two simple
to fix issues (just to give the release some value) and push out 2.4.1.

> If there is enough interest we can start implementing some bigger features and plan for
a 2.5 release next year.

> Jonathan Oulds
> Snr. Software Engineer
> McAfee

revert it. Nobody says we need to use the same scm for all subprojects of Ant.

dev-help@ant.apache.org