ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy - any future or is it also going to be retired?
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:04:45 GMT

> Le 7 déc. 2016 à 14:43, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> +1. Nicolas' mail has some precise things that need to be done. I am willing to help
out wherever possible on those steps. I think the first thing to release probably should be
a 2.4.1-Beta-1 just to iron out any process and other issues in itself and explicitly tag
it as a beta so as to maintain the right expectations.

> One thing that I think is probably is a priority (based on what I have been trying to
attempt while helping out with Ivy patches) is that we have a central system which builds
this project and runs the testsuite regularly against a *nix and Windows system. Is this already
available in the project/Ant ecosystem somewhere? Something like a Jenkins? If not, is there
any other option we have to make sure we really release  something that is reproducible?

There is a Jenkins hosted by the ASF, and we’ve already configured jobs there.
See https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/>

Nicolas

> -Jaikiran
>
> On Wednesday 07 December 2016 05:36 PM, Oulds, Jonathan wrote:
>> Nicolas raises some great ideas,
>>
>> I would suggest that we get those into Jira and try to cut a release from the current
code (just to test the release process).  If that works let's try to address one or two simple
to fix issues (just to give the release some value) and push out 2.4.1.

>> If there is enough interest we can start implementing some bigger features and plan
for a 2.5 release next year.

>> Jonathan Oulds
>> Snr. Software Engineer
>> McAfee

(partially) revert it. Nobody says we need to use the same scm for all subprojects of Ant.

dev-help@ant.apache.org