ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apa...@materne.de>
Subject AW: DISCUSS How to retire a subproject/component
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 07:35:33 GMT
Thanks for feedback.

> Since some of the subtitles are common between « Retire » and «
> Reactivate », there are duplicate anchors, so some links are not
> working as expected.

Fixed by adding a prefix "retire: " / "reactivate: "

> <http://materne.de/ant/processes.html#mailing%20list>, « has its own
> mailing list » is missing.

Added.

> Also as discussed, I think the section « free further resources » could
> be removed

I don't think so. This is a placeholder to think about further resources a subproject
could locked. Maybe some docker images somewhere? ;-) That's up to the subproject. But don't
forget that.

> and replaced by a section « releases ». In this section I
> would write that:
>
> The last released artifacts, if any, should be removed from the Apache
> distribution serveur. To do so, remove any artifact related to the
> retired subproject in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ant/
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ant/> (it is managed with
> subversion). Note: as every Apache release, nothing is deleted but
> everything is archived, the artifacts will still be available at
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/
> <https://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/>.

Added.
Added also a paragraph "reactivate: releases".
    <subsection name="reactivate: releases">
        All earlier releases are available at <a href="https://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/">https://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/</a>.
        We don't have to copy them back to <a href="https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ant/">https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/ant/</a>.
        But further releases are placed here.
    </subsection>

Added also "note"-section to the archives-page.

Added also a note about incubator-releases.

Again:
http://materne.de/ant/processes.html
http://materne.de/ant/archive.html

Jan