ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [1/2] ant git commit: embrace AutoCloseable
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:42:46 GMT
On 2016-03-28, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> embrace AutoCloseable

There've been only a few places where try-with-resources could be used
because of our extensive use of FileUtils.close which swallows
exceptions thrown during close. The bigger impact likely has
FileUtils.close(AutoCloseable) and making ZipFile implement
AutoCloseable.

While grepping through our finally blocks I saw a few places where
FileUtils.close was re-invented or where tryHardToDelete should be used
- I'll fix those on the 1.9.x branch and merge it back to master
sometime later.

Stefan