ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jigsaw Support
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2016 10:07:01 GMT
Hi Tomas

welcome to the dev list.

On 2016-03-03, Tomas Zezula wrote:

> I am working on the NetBeans Ant based project. For the upcoming
> NetBeans release I need to update the NetBeans generated build scripts
> to support the JDK 9 module system. The most problematic is the Java
> task which need to support main module execution in addition to jar
> and main class.  Also the javac task should be updated to support
> modulepath and moduleupgradepath.

I must admit that I haven't been following the changes close enough, but
I'm sure they are seriously impacting all the build tools.

> Is someone working on such a changes?

At least I am not, not sure if anybody else is.

> If not I am proposing the following changes to the Java task which
> should be integrated when the Jigsaw will be merged to JDK9:
> https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/15

I'll take a look at that. When I tried to build Ant on some earlier JDK9
EAs I realized JDK9 will no longer support targeting Java5, which is
Ant's baseline. So in order to properly support building for Java9,
we'll likely need to give up Java5. I'll start a separate thread for
this discussion.

Cheers

        Stefan