ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: question about an IDE
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:34:45 GMT
Hello Benjamin,

this is perfectly OK to ask about which IDE to use. Different people have different preferences,
I use Jetbrain’s IntelliJ, some people use Emacs, … I have used Eclipse too.

Best regards,

Antoine

On Mar 29, 2015, at 7:53 PM, Benjamin Spero <benspero@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> I’m new to the mailing list and I have something to ask.  When developing java programs
what do you think is a better IDE to use, Eclipse or Netbeans?  I read somewhere on a website
that Netbeans is developed from the Ant project.  Is this true?  I used jGrasp to develop
my programs when I studied the basic java course.  I notice that jGrasp is not used beyond
the classroom.  Why?  I know my questions may seem fundamental but I’m just learning the
ropes.  I appreciate your help.