ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git workflow
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 04:57:01 GMT
On 2015-01-07, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> For instance, to get commits from one branch to the other, I have seen
> two ways: via merge or via cherry-pick.
> Since our branches are meant to diverge à some point, I think using
> cherry-pick should be used, right ?

Alternatively develop the feature on a third branch, merge that branch
into both others and delete the feature branc afterwards.

> And about merging pull request, there is the direct pull, for instance:
> git pull https://github.com/jbaruch/ant-ivy
> <https://github.com/jbaruch/ant-ivy> patch-1

> And there is the rebase way, exemple:

The approach I've seen taken a lot on github is to have the submitter of
the pull request rebase (and squash) the PR before you merge it.
Squashing means you juts get a single clean commit rather than a
sequence of refinements.

Stefan