ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: issue with IBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:05:48 GMT
Hello Nicolas,

unfortunately the status is 200 in BasicURLHandler checkStatus.

Looks like my proxy is not behaving in a standard, decent way.

My ISP is Verizon - it would be an uphill battle to make them change the behavior of the proxy.

Antoine

I have looked at the HTTP error status
On Jan 26, 2015, at 4:59 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

>> Le 26 janv. 2015 à 00:56, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I run the ivy test suite on my computer at home, the iBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
errors.

>> The error happens on line 251 :
>>
>> ResolvedModuleRevision rmr = resolver.getDependency(new DefaultDependencyDescriptor(mrid,
>>               false), _data);
>>
>> What happens on that line is that :
>>
>> - the proxy that I use at home produces an HTML5 error report about the http://unknown.host.comx

>> - this error report is consumed by ivy as if it was a POM file and generates this
exception :

>> java.text.ParseException: Already seen doctype.
>> at org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.m2.PomModuleDescriptorParser.newParserException(PomModuleDescriptorParser.java:375)
>>
>> One workaround to deal with that is to surround the call to resolver.getDependency
with try/catch and also to remove the last assertion :
>> assertLogContains("tried http://unknown.host.comx/org/apache/commons-fileupload/1.0/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar”)
>>
>> This of course is a workaround.
>>
>> Is it also an intelligent solution ?
>>
>> Is the normal behavior when trying to access a non existent host name to get an UnknownHostException
?

> I don’t know much about proxy, but considering the IP stack, I would understand that
the IP is resolved, thus to be the IP of the proxy. But then I don’t understand why Ivy
is not properly failing. I would expect the proxy to at least return a 404. Could you confirm
the HTTP status ? You can put a break point in BasicURLHandler#checkStatusCode.