ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject issue with IBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23:56:03 GMT
Hi,

when I run the ivy test suite on my computer at home, the iBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
errors.

The error happens on line 251 :

ResolvedModuleRevision rmr = resolver.getDependency(new DefaultDependencyDescriptor(mrid,
                false), _data);

What happens on that line is that :

- the proxy that I use at home produces an HTML5 error report about the http://unknown.host.comx

- this error report is consumed by ivy as if it was a POM file and generates this exception
:

java.text.ParseException: Already seen doctype.
at org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.m2.PomModuleDescriptorParser.newParserException(PomModuleDescriptorParser.java:375)

One workaround to deal with that is to surround the call to resolver.getDependency with try/catch
and also to remove the last assertion :
assertLogContains("tried http://unknown.host.comx/org/apache/commons-fileupload/1.0/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar”)

This of course is a workaround.

Is it also an intelligent solution ?

Is the normal behavior when trying to access a non existent host name to get an UnknownHostException
?

Regards,

Antoine