ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: issue with IBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:59:00 GMT

> Le 26 janv. 2015 à 00:56, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> when I run the ivy test suite on my computer at home, the iBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport
errors.

> The error happens on line 251 :
>
> ResolvedModuleRevision rmr = resolver.getDependency(new DefaultDependencyDescriptor(mrid,
>                false), _data);
>
> What happens on that line is that :
>
> - the proxy that I use at home produces an HTML5 error report about the http://unknown.host.comx

> - this error report is consumed by ivy as if it was a POM file and generates this exception
:

> java.text.ParseException: Already seen doctype.
> at org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.m2.PomModuleDescriptorParser.newParserException(PomModuleDescriptorParser.java:375)
>
> One workaround to deal with that is to surround the call to resolver.getDependency with
try/catch and also to remove the last assertion :
> assertLogContains("tried http://unknown.host.comx/org/apache/commons-fileupload/1.0/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar”)
>
> This of course is a workaround.
>
> Is it also an intelligent solution ?
>
> Is the normal behavior when trying to access a non existent host name to get an UnknownHostException
?

I don’t know much about proxy, but considering the IP stack, I would understand that the
IP is resolved, thus to be the IP of the proxy. But then I don’t understand why Ivy is not
properly failing. I would expect the proxy to at least return a 404. Could you confirm the
HTTP status ? You can put a break point in BasicURLHandler#checkStatusCode.

Nicolas