ant-dev mailing list archives

From André-John Mas <andrejohn....@gmail.com>
Subject Username/password & URLs
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:27:15 GMT
Hi,

I recently opened IVY-1506 and I started looking at what it would take to implement it. Since
the URL class doesn't support authentication, I am looking at using httpclient instead, but
I see that it is already an optional component that Ivy. I am wondering whether we should
make httpclient a mandatory dependency moving forward or whether to make username/password
support dependent the on the library being available. If the latter, should we ignore the
attributes, logging in info level, if specified or fail indicating a need for the library?

André-John

Sent from my phone. Envoyé depuis mon téléphone.