ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CANCELED][VOTE] Release Ivy 2.4.0
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:59:16 GMT
On 2014-12-09, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:

> If we need to find another solution then we should probably duplicate
> styles on git as they do not move too often. We can then improve this by
> adding some automation to replicate changes from our new reference (GIT) in
> svn website like Nicolas has done when handling documentation of released
> versions.

I've migrated xmlunit from svn to git[1] using svn2git[2] quite easily,
so starting with a fresh git repo and the pushing such a migrated code
base would preserve all history.

If you really need to keep two copies around, then "svn2git --rebase"
might help with it - it would certainly be a manual step.

Stefan

[1] https://github.com/xmlunit/xmlunit
[2] https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git

Stefan