ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Ivy 2.4.0 Release - take 2
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 14:12:09 GMT
Counting my own +1, we have three +1 and one -1. The vote pass. I will publish the release.

Nicolas

> Le 22 déc. 2014 à 17:57, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a écrit
:

> I have signed the tag:
> See https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.4.0 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.4.0>
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.4.0 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.4.0>>

> I’ve also build the updatesite ready to be published:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.4.0.final_20141213170938/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.4.0.final_20141213170938/>
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.4.0.final_20141213170938/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.4.0.final_20141213170938/>>

> And I’ve pushed the jars to the Nexus staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1006/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1006/>
>
> So I think we’re good. For now we have one -1 and three +1 (including me).
>
> I’ll keep the vote open a couple of days, to be sure everyone had the time to vote.
And I’ll promote the artifacts.

> Nicolas
>
>> Le 17 déc. 2014 à 14:25, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org <mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>>
a écrit :

>>> Le 17 déc. 2014 à 04:09, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> a écrit
:

>>> Nicolas, Jean-Louis, what are your thoughts ?
>>>
>>> The problem reported by Stefan with the ivy.xml in the source archive must be
caused by something in the build process replacing the ivy.xml of the source tree with an
expanded version of the same file generated when the <ivy:publish/> task runs ?

>> The purpose of this change is that it fixes the dependencies of Ivy. I see no particular
harm here.

>> But as Stefan, generally speaking, I prefer the source release to be an extract of
the source repository. So there is no possible confusion.

>>> I guess a minor edit in the build file to make this modified version of ivy.xml
go somewhere under the build folder should address this issue for this release and the next
ones.

>>> I have not spent myself a lot of time on ivy yet but I would like to spend some
in 2015 - or maybe even next week if my kids are busy out of the house …

>>> I also know how it feels when one creates a release candidate and some minor
problems are found and one has to again go through 20 steps in a ReleaseInstructions document
…

>> Actually releasing Ivy is quite straight forward, no issues with that.
>> See: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/dev/makerelease.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/dev/makerelease.html>
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/dev/makerelease.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/dev/makerelease.html>>
>> Probably the signing of the artifacts can be more automatic. I have seen there is
ant target for that but I haven’t tested it yet.

>> What trouble me more is what is the exact process to push artifacts into Maven repo
after the release. And we’ll need to figure out how to push it into the Eclipse updatesite
too.