ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jin Feng <jinf...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: which repo to use, svn or github?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 01:22:57 GMT
All right, after looking around, I¹ve found the bug has already been fixed
in github, but not in svn. And it¹s part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1465.

But my question still stands, how could one contribute and should the
dev.html be updated to reflect the use of github?

Jin

From:  Jin Feng <jinfeng@outlook.com>
Date:  Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM
To:  <dev@ant.apache.org>
Cc:  Jin Feng <jinfeng@outlook.com>
Subject:  which repo to use, svn or github?

Hi Ivy committers/devs,

Recently I filed an IVY bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1496,
and it has a simple fix (the famous one-liner change). I¹ve read
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/dev.html, on which it
states to use svn to get the trunk version. However, I also stumbled across
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/. I¹m wondering which one should I use and
what¹s the general process of contributing fixes (in addition to what¹s
already stated on the dev.html)?