ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Updating Ivy's trunk doc in the site
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 02:01:12 GMT
Hi,

as far as I know there is no gitpubsub for the web sites so far. At least that was the case
when we migrated to git.

I had a look at the gitpubsub link that you mention Nicolas, I think this functionality is
only available to setup some automation around git commits, for instance for event driven
continuous integration servers.

Regards,

Antoine
On Oct 27, 2014, at 7:10 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

> Le 26 oct. 2014 à 20:16, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com> a écrit
:

>> Would it be possible to have everything on git ?
>> Looks like there is a gitpubsub feature available[1]
>
> I don’t know either what is possible, I am not familiar with gitpubsub and submodule.
That’s why I am asking here.

>> Another option could be to use svn client for github (but this relies on
>> github infra not ASF one :/) [2].
>>
>> A "manual" solution could be to have website + released documentation on
>> svn. Git could still contains the trunk/master documentation (we only
>> publish it on the website when releasing).
>> During a release we could zip/export documentation and put it on svn.
>> Ideally all this could be probably done by an ant target.
>>
>> We can ask infra to have svn read only mirror on our git repo but this
>> would make release process i think more complicated.
>
> The solution of replacing the svn:external by the copy of the files from git is indeed
a quite manual process. I’ll do that if nothing better is suggested.