ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Updating Ivy's trunk doc in the site
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:45:40 GMT
I think I have come to something workable. It could be smarter to avoid any checkout, but at
least it works.

svn:external have disappeared, they are now replaced with manual git checkout. I have made
an ant target to handle it properly.

For instance, the trunk version (trunk as the name used in the path of the url) correspond
to the master branch. Here are the command to checkout, then to generate:
ant checkout-history -Dhistory.version=master -Dtarget.history.folder=trunk
ant generate-history -Dhistory.version=trunk

If the name of the tag is the same as the version in the url, then no need to specify an ‘history
folder’:
ant checkout-history -Dhistory.version=2.4.0
ant generate-history -Dhistory.version=2.4.0

Hope it makes sense.

Nicolas

Le 28 oct. 2014 à 03:01, Antoine Levy Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> as far as I know there is no gitpubsub for the web sites so far. At least that was the
case when we migrated to git.

> I had a look at the gitpubsub link that you mention Nicolas, I think this functionality
is only available to setup some automation around git commits, for instance for event driven
continuous integration servers.

> Regards,
>
> Antoine
> On Oct 27, 2014, at 7:10 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 26 oct. 2014 à 20:16, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com>
a écrit :

>>> Would it be possible to have everything on git ?
>>> Looks like there is a gitpubsub feature available[1]
>>
>> I don’t know either what is possible, I am not familiar with gitpubsub and submodule.
That’s why I am asking here.

>>> Another option could be to use svn client for github (but this relies on
>>> github infra not ASF one :/) [2].
>>>
>>> A "manual" solution could be to have website + released documentation on
>>> svn. Git could still contains the trunk/master documentation (we only
>>> publish it on the website when releasing).
>>> During a release we could zip/export documentation and put it on svn.
>>> Ideally all this could be probably done by an ant target.
>>>
>>> We can ask infra to have svn read only mirror on our git repo but this
>>> would make release process i think more complicated.
>>
>> The solution of replacing the svn:external by the copy of the files from git is indeed
a quite manual process. I’ll do that if nothing better is suggested.