ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Commit Candidates for Ivy 2.4.x
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:56:48 GMT

Le 26 oct. 2014 à 20:19, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a écrit :

> Le 26 oct. 2014 à 19:58, Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boudart@gmail.com> a écrit
:

>> Hi Nicolas,
>>
>> My answers bellow.

>>> I have checked the branch 2.4.x. I have put back in the branch every thing
>>> that was obvious enough.
>>>
>>> There are some that may need to be merged back too, I would need some
>>> feedback about them.
>>>
>>> - IVY-1465 [1] doesn’t seem to be fully finished. One part is in the
>>> branch, the commit ‘3076802a’ [2] is not, and doesn’t apply cleanly.
>>>
>> This commit looks like easy to merge manually, by the way what do you mean
>> by "doesn't apply cleanly » ?
>
> I did a cherry-pick and there were some conflict to resolve. I have to admit that I didn’t
looked at what the conflict was.

So I had a closer look to it. Something is actually going wrong, git is right about the patch
not applying cleanly, some code is missing.

As far as I could look around, 3076802a [1] needs 8d851390 (r1592624) [2]. It was supposed
to be merged by 57892b6e [3] but it doesn’t look as fully merged. For instance, PomModuleDescriptorBuilder
is modified by 8d851390 but not by 57892b6e.

So I don’t trust much the state the 2.4.x branch. Maybe should we better make the next 2.4
from trunk ?

Nicolas

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=commit;h=3076802a
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=commit;h=8d851390