ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland" <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>
Subject Analysis of apache-ant-1.9.4's dependency on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:37:21 GMT
Hi Stefan,

As part of the preparations for JDK 9, Oracle’s engineers have been
analyzing open source projects like yours to understand usage.
One area of concern involves identifying compatibility problems, such as
reliance on JDK-internal APIs.

Our engineers have already prepared guidance on migrating some of the
more common usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs to supported public
interfaces. The list is on the OpenJDK wiki [0], along with instructions
on how to run the jdeps analysis tool yourself .

We have analyzed jar files within apache-ant-1.9.4 and found 0 jar files
depending on JDK-Internal-APIs.

However, jdeps is a static analysis tool and therefore use of
JDK-internal APIs via reflection or dynamically generated bytecode are
not reported by the tool, while such a dependency should also be replaced.

If you have any feedback please reply either on this list or to me
directly.

Rgds,Rory

[0]
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/JDK8/Java+Dependency+Analysis+Tool