ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: add common module as a git submodule
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2014 04:22:05 GMT
On 2014-07-05, Jan Matèrne (jhm) wrote:

> I prefer having all antlibs in the same structure.

Same here.

> My special buildfile is only a workaround. If submodules are the way we want
> to go (and if it works),

It works for the compress Antlib and Gump now.  I'm holding back more
commits in order to give other a chance to stop me from using submodules
at all.

> I would change the Jenkins jobs and remove that buildfile.

That's what I meant with coordinating.  I haven't looked into
prepare.xml, yet, but I know you've been cloning common in it.  This
will no longer be necessary and in fact we'd need to remove existing
common subdirs from the Jenkins slaves (unless you've set it up to wipe
out the tree before an update anyway).

So adding the submodule and removing the "clone" step from prepare.xml
should happen at the same time.

Cheers

        Stefan