ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <typr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hoped for advantages of migrating to git
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 19:18:43 GMT
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Nicolas Lalevée
<nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
> once a committer is satisfied with the result, the work is being imported into the git
repo with a script

A much more straightforward workflow is just to do all work in the
GitHub repo, accepting pull requests simply by pressing the Merge
button, and have some cron process to push from the GH repo to the ASF
repo—using the latter merely as a mirror to satisfy legal
requirements, and acknowledging that GH is far more functional and
pleasant to work with.

I am not working on Ant these days (everything pertaining to my job
uses Maven) so I have little personal stake; this is just a
suggestion.