ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hoped for advantages of migrating to git
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 06:45:02 GMT
On 2014-05-06, Matt Sicker wrote:

> Git allows you to do both. You can auto-merge from GH, but I'm not
> sure how you can even get write access to ASF GH repos.

You don't, you commit to the ASF repo and it gets mirrored.

IIRC some projects have their own forks of the ASF mirror and accept
pull request on this fork.  They then merge changes from their fork to
the ASF repo.

I'm not conviced I'd want to work that way, applying PRs without the
Web-UI on a local checkout of the ASF git repo works fine for me.

Stefan