ant-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Duffy <char...@dyfis.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] migration to git
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:07:48 GMT
+1 for Ant and Ivy, +0 elsewhere.

If we wanted to do a history-preserving transform (with branches, merges
&c. faithfully preserved), I'd be happy to help with the configuration and
use of SubGit (which, while typically a commercially-licensed tool, has
zero-cost licenses available for OSS projects) for this purpose; in my
experience, it results in a considerably higher-quality transform than the
competing git-svn tooling. (SubGit also offers bidirectional translation
support, but I'm wary of the deployment requirements of same, and have
concerns as to whether making proprietary tooling a dependency of Apache's
ongoing infrastructure would be acceptable or wise).