ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to submit a change for AntUnit?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:19:09 GMT
On 2014-04-29, <chris.holman@awltux.com> wrote:

> Good point on the rationale behind this functionality. Not sure what
> reason there could be to have the log reported as a single line.
> Though I can imagine existing scripts working round it by inserting
> EOL characters at the end of an echo statement.

It's been years since I last looked at the code :-)

The resource really only is a side effect of having LogCapturer around
and making asssertions on the log content - i.e. the newlines would only
ever be noise for the assertion itself.  AFAIR I never really thought of
people printing the contents.

Stefan