ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1580520 - in /ant/core/trunk: ./ manual/Tasks/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:28:02 GMT
Hi,

Thanks to John Elion for this contribution.

I have tried it on the Ant test cases. This makes the execution of the test cases shorter
by 3 minutes with 2 threads [ not sure what is the total time because I also run the antunit
tests ].

Some of our test cases do not support parallelism because they are creating and dropping temporary
directories and files which have the same names.

this makes errors looking like this one :
    [junit] Testcase: testNoAddNewLine(org.apache.tools.ant.filters.NoNewLineTest):	Caused
an ERROR
    [junit] Warning: Could not find file /Users/antoine/dev/asf/ant-core/src/etc/testcases/filters/result/nonl
to copy.
    [junit] /Users/antoine/dev/asf/ant-core/src/etc/testcases/filters/build.xml:111: Warning:
Could not find file /Users/antoine/dev/asf/ant-core/src/etc/testcases/filters/result/nonl
to copy.
    [junit] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copy.copySingleFile(Copy.java:639)

Does someone have a suggestion about how to adapt the test cases to support parallelism.

I was thinking of adding somewhere in the Ant codebase a utility class or method to get the
PID of the currently running process
and add the PID somewhere in the name of temporary folders created for tests.

Any thoughts on that ?

see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35842/how-can-a-java-program-get-its-own-process-id

Regards,

Antoine