ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Java8 and APT
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2013 07:32:48 GMT
Hi all,

I just gave the new Java8 EA b120 a spin and the only things failing are
the apt tests[1] (and there still are > 100 javadoc errors, but that's a
different story).

If anybody familiar with apt could give it a look that would be great.
It may be worth fixing this before 1.9.3.  OTOH if nobody finds the time
to do so, we should not delay the release IMHO.

Stefan

[1] for one if I run the test manually it spits out

,----
| warning: The apt tool and its associated API are planned to be
| removed in the next major JDK release.  These features have been
| superseded by javac and the standardized annotation processing API,
| javax.annotation.processing and javax.lang.model.  Users are
| recommended to migrate to the annotation processing features of
| javac; see the javac man page for more information.
`----

and the tests don't compile as the com.sun.mirror.apt package is nowhere
to be found.  I've never used apt and haven't got any real-world
examples to tell whether only the tests are broken or the task is broken
as well.