ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Building Ant on JDK 8
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:04:23 GMT

I've downloaded Build 113 of JDK8 since we've had some reports about
incompatibilities on the Gump list and I wanted to double check.

Compilation works fine but I get test errors I don't see on JDK7:

* all javadoc JUnit tests error out.  It looks as if javadoc in JDK 1.7
  used to create the target directory even if javadoc failed and it now
  no longer does - this currently triggers an IllegalStateException when
  Ant checks whether it needs to postprocess the javadocs - I'll fix the
  code to be more robust (no javadocs created means nothing to check)

* the apt JUnit tests fail because the tests no longer compile:

      error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
      [apt] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorFactory;

  and more of this.  I'm not familiar enough with the apt tooling to
  find a proper replacement without searching around for long.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message