ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Antlibs - Compress and Props in Particular
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:08:14 GMT
Hi all,

it looks as if we needed to d something about Antlibs.

Looking at the commit activities it is pretty clear none of them has a
developer community - some of them have an occasional single committer.

In general this doesn't mean there is a problem, we could just go on and
move them to the Attic, mark them dormant or whatever.

Compress and Props are a bit different:

* Compress I care about myself and like to create releases when Commons
  Compress moves forward.  The current vote that would add some new
  formats fails to attract a single vote.

  Is there anything I can do to get more people involved?  Should I fork
  the codebase and cut my release anywhere else (maybe bringing it back
  here if people get interested, but I doubt it)?

  I don't want people to just give a +1 because I've invested time.  If
  I need to create release outside of Apache so be it, no harm done.

* Props is useful and it seems to have users even though we've never cut
  a release.  See Bugzilla Issue 55716.

  Do we want to cut a release?  If so, I'd be happy to act as a release
  manager.  Will there people around to address issues if anything comes
  up?

Stefan