ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <andrejohn....@gmail.com>
Subject cannot find symbol: Assume.assumeFalse() - bad junit 4.11 jar in repo?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:05:42 GMT
Hi,

I am building Ant from source for the first time, using the SVN tree, at revision 1517854.

When I try to build the project I get the following error:

compile-tests:
    [javac] Compiling 9 source files to /Users/ajmas/Development/third-party/ant/ant-core/build/testcases
    [javac] /Users/ajmas/Development/third-party/ant/ant-core/src/tests/junit/org/example/junit/JUnit4Skippable.java:43:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method assumeFalse(java.lang.String,boolean)
    [javac] location: class org.junit.Assume
    [javac]         Assume.assumeFalse("This test will be ignored", true);
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] /Users/ajmas/Development/third-party/ant/ant-core/src/tests/junit/org/example/junit/JUnit4Skippable.java:55:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method assumeFalse(boolean)
    [javac] location: class org.junit.Assume
    [javac]         Assume.assumeFalse(true);
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] 2 errors

Running: javap -classpath lib/optional/junit-4.11.jar org.junit.Assume, I get:

Compiled from "Assume.java"
public class org.junit.Assume extends java.lang.Object{
    public org.junit.Assume();
    public static void assumeTrue(boolean);
    public static void assumeNotNull(java.lang.Object[]);
    public static void assumeThat(java.lang.Object, org.hamcrest.Matcher);
    public static void assumeNoException(java.lang.Throwable);
}

Looking at the junit 4.11 at https://github.com/junit-team/junit it shows that method should
be there.

Just to be sure I download junit 4.11 from:

http://search.maven.org/#search|gav|1|g%3A%22junit%22%20AND%20a%3A%22junit%22

and this shows the expected contents:

public class org.junit.Assume extends java.lang.Object{
    public org.junit.Assume();
    public static void assumeTrue(boolean);
    public static void assumeFalse(boolean);
    public static void assumeTrue(java.lang.String, boolean);
    public static void assumeFalse(java.lang.String, boolean);
    public static void assumeNotNull(java.lang.Object[]);
    public static void assumeThat(java.lang.Object, org.hamcrest.Matcher);
    public static void assumeThat(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.hamcrest.Matcher);
    public static void assumeNoException(java.lang.Throwable);
    public static void assumeNoException(java.lang.String, java.lang.Throwable);
}

It looks like the junit jar in the repo needs updating?

Andre