ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Haberman <stephen.haber...@gmail.com>
Subject latest.integration cache should be per-resolver
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:57:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a chain of resolvers setup, a local file system, and then a
remote. I'm attempting to get latest.integration caching to work (so I
don't have to scan the remote each time), but it does not.

Right now, since the local FS is first, it dominates the cache (in
AbstractResolver it calls saveModuleRevisionIfNeeded every time).

This leads the remote resolver to always hit the "found module in cache
but with a different resolver" line and so re-scan.

So, AFAICT, "latest.integration" is basically never cached for "not 1st
in the chain" repos.

Poking around, I would like to add a new ivydata properties file that
is per resolver, so like ivydata-<name1>-latest.integration.properties.

This way each resolver would get it's own latest.integration value and
not stomp the other. Does this seem horribly naive? Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Stephen