ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.1 ?
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 01:51:55 GMT
Hello Jess,

the release notes (WHATSNEW file) contains this blurb :

Provide more control over Zip64 extensions created by <zip> and
   related tasks.  In particular no Zip64 extensions will be used at
   all by the <jar> task family by default - this is required for jars
   to be readably by Java5.
   Bugzilla Report 54762

So I suppose that the problem that you are referring to is fixed in the current svn trunk
and this fix will be include in ant 1.9.1

Regards,

Antoine
On May 14, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Jess Holle wrote:

> To be a bit less vague, one such error is:
>
> java.util.zip.ZipException: central directory zip64 extended information extra field's
length doesn't match central directory data. Expected length 0 but is 16
> at org.apache.tools.zip.Zip64ExtendedInformationExtraField.reparseCentralDirectoryData(Zip64ExtendedInformationExtraField.java:258)
>
> I'm not clear of all the different error paths here -- nor of the exact one causing this
particular trace or even the rest of the trace, unfortunately.

> On 5/14/2013 7:19 AM, Jess Holle wrote:
>> The top thing we've noticed with Ant 1.9.0 is issues dealing with existing zip files,
i.e. errors about the extra data not matching the central catalog or some such.

>> It seems that previous versions of Ant used to try to fill out the extra data bytes
and the new Ant handling of the old data state isn't very smooth (i.e. doesn't work).