ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Evaluating Bintray as a distribution platform for easyant plugins
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:35:27 GMT
On 2013-04-29, Jan Matèrne (jhm) wrote:

>> I would prefer having the artifacts on ASF servers. A (Nexus based)
>> repository is at https://repository.apache.org/ Ant + Ivy are available
>> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/

> Oh - I mean that only for "ASF plugins".

+1 on that, and I don't think Jean Louis disagrees with that, at least I
didn't read it that way.

He's suggesting to use bintray for plugins that cannot be released as
Apache plugins for license reasons (Sonar or Checkstyle use incompatible
licenses for example).  Personally I'm +1 on the idea itself but I don't
do the work myself and so would let the people who write the plugins
make the decision and abstain myself. :-)

Stefan