ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1460264 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW build.xml src/etc/poms/ant-junit/pom.xml src/etc/poms/ant-junit4/ src/etc/poms/pom.xml
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:04:11 GMT
On 2013-03-27, Michael Clarke wrote:

>>> * the optional ant-junit4.jar has been merged into ant-junit.jar
>>>  as Ant now requires JUnit4.

> Is it really the case that Ant requires JUnit4? The changes I
> introduced for @Ignore annotations in Ant 1.9.0 shouldn't impact
> backwards compatibility with JUnit3 and I don't believe any other
> changes in the 1.9.0 release force users to need the JUnit4 jar whilst
> running tests.

Some classes in the junit package didn't seem to compile in Gump, I
think BriefJUnitFormatter was one of them.  If you are sure the rest of
the package is still supposed to work with JUnit 3.x only - my
impression was, it wasn't - then let's revert this.

I'll try to free up some time Saturday to see what was going on.

Stefan