ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.0
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:13:28 GMT
Hello Stefan,

I have found out that the root cause of the test failures found is the java vm running with
file.encoding set to ASCII.

The  tests that fail are written in such a way that they assume that Ant is running with file.encoding=UTF-8
which is the default it seems in a lot of Java 1.6 VMs (but not all).

Also, by default StringResource instances have a "null" encoding, which works when the encoding
of the VM is UTF-8.

I am making a change to change the default encoding of StringResource to "UTF-8" which seems
to lead to better results when the VM is running under ASCII encoding ( ANSI_X3.4-1968 precisely).

Also, I found out that the <contains/> selector needs an encoding attribute to have
a chance to do its job when the encoding of the files to select is different from the default
encoding of the JVM.

I am addressing that by adding an encoding attribute on the contains selector.

Regards,

Antoine