ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.9.0 release [2nd attempt]
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 22:15:44 GMT
Yes, that is what I thought.

I think your answer is a good compromise. +1 on the vote.

On 08/03/2013 2:10 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hello Bruce,
>
> the WHATSNEW is included in the bin and the src package so to change it a new vote would
be required. In fact a new build would be required.

> You can veto the release if it matters that much to you and I would then have to drop
and recreate the 1.9.0 label and do a new build.

> Otherwise, we can include the mention that the new release requires Java 1.5 in the README.html
and in the emails sent to announce the release, as well as on the Ant web site.

> Regards,
>
> Antoine
>

> On Mar 8, 2013, at 3:49 PM, Bruce Atherton wrote:
>
>> Good catch, Jesse. I have to admit I find the lack of a mention of requiring Java
5 troubling. That is definitely a difference people are going to care about.

>> Is it possible to sneak that edit in to the WHATSNEW file (in both the bin and src
packages) without a whole new revote?