ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept EasyAnt as a subproject - take 2
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 01:46:48 GMT
Congratulations EasyAnt,

Antoine
On Mar 6, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> I count:
> - 5 binding +1
> - 1 non-binding +1
>
> The proposition is accepted.
>
> Thank you all.
>
> We'll go now to the incubator mailing lists to clear things up.
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le 27 févr. 2013 à 19:44, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a écrit
:

>> Hi,
>>
>> This is the come back of the proposal of bringing EasyAnt under the umbrella of the
Ant PMC.

>> There were some discussion on incubator-general about the incubating hcatalog project
being "graduated" under the umbrella of the Hive PMC. I think that our case is more clear
and more standard regarding the ASF rules, but I'll remind here what is at stake, so there
is no misunderstanding (I include myself on the potentially misunderstanding people).

>> EasyAnt code will be brought into Ant's svn tree.
>> EasyAnt committers will become Ant committers but not part of the PMC (on 5 committers,
3 are already Ant ones, and 2 are part of Ant's PMC)
>> The Ant PMC will be responsible for the code, the community, the next releases of
EasyAnt.

>> Just like for Ivy. And I like the way it worked. Further more considering my path,
I think it is good that there is no special right management in svn. I started as an IvyDE
committer, I ended improving myself Ivy and Ant.

>> Since the last vote tentative, the activity on EasyAnt remained the same, somehow
low but continuous, not much less than Ant developers activity. And lately we succeeded to
get a release out.