ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne (jhm) <>
Subject AW: Contributions
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 20:45:20 GMT
> > Third, why are we still using Subversion when we could be using Git
> > [1]?
> Because we never talked about moving, I guess. :-)

Yes, I think that's the reason.
Another point could be, that each contributor could use git-svn for accessing the official
It's not "the full Git power", but you have your "preferred" tool.

> > Apache makes us keep the “official” repo on That is
> > lame, especially given the existence of CLAHub [2];
> I disagree, I also think the authoritative source of Apache software
> should be on systems maintained by the ASF.

Having one official repo, where you could rely on its IP-integrity is a big benefit, I think.

> You can have the power of pull requests even when the authoritative
> source is the ASF repo, the only thing you lack is the "merge" button
> in the UI - but this really doesn't do anything you couldn't do with
> the command line.  Pull from the branch that makes up the PR and push
> it to the ASF repo.  I've even been told the Github PR system will
> recognize the branch has been merged and close the PR as soon as the
> github mirror catches up - but I haven't tried it so far.

If we move to Git, we could tune the workflow here and test the possibilities ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message