ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 01:08:19 GMT
Hi,

I am currently looking at the test failures of Ant under linux with Oracle JDK 1.6 here [1].

These tests are referenced from the Nightly+ Continuous Builds page [2] under Apache Ant -
Core Trunk (Linux)

It looks like the OS/JVM combination does not read properly the XML entities or the non-ascii
characters in the build files.

I would like to fix this so that we have a set of green lights before doing the release.

If someone has some ideas on the root cause of the test failures and the best way to address
that I am interested.

Also I did not look yet at the FindBugs build configuration which is also failing.

Regards,

Antoine

[1] http://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewType.html?buildTypeId=bt134
[2] http://ant.apache.org/nightlies.html

On Feb 18, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after a few weeks of very hard work at my day job I have a quiet day to look at these
patches.

> I also need to look at possible test failures running the ant test suite on my MAC with
Java 1.7

> Regards,
>
> Antoine
>
> On Feb 5, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Jesse Glick wrote:
>
>> On 01/30/2013 10:09 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
>>> Are there other bugs - ideally with patches - that the community needs?
>>
>> Those with PatchAvailable [1] should be checked. (Pity that we cannot just get pull
requests; coming from the land of GitHub this feels really primitive.) There were a fair number
recently, e.g. the 54298–54305 series.

>> I cannot see myself spending much time on this now unfortunately, but if you are
willing to put together a 1.9.0, +1 to the effort (and incidentally a belated +1 for removing
proprietary tasks).