ant-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.9.0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:31:29 GMT
Late to the thread here, but I just upgraded to 1.8.4 and have an issue with the javac task
and package-info.class. We have a number of javac tasks with <compilerarg line="-proc:only"/>
and those are generating package-info.class files. I don't see a task attribute or nested
element to directly tell Ant that I only want annotations processing and not actual compilation
of class files. I added a destdir attribute to those <javac> invocations, but it'd be
nice if the task checked for that compiler arg or had an native attribute so that it wouldn't
create the package-info.class files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:17 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: Ant 1.9.0

Hello,

after a few weeks of very hard work at my day job I have a quiet day to look at these patches.

I also need to look at possible test failures running the ant test suite on my MAC with Java
1.7

Regards,

Antoine

On Feb 5, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Jesse Glick wrote:

> On 01/30/2013 10:09 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
>> Are there other bugs - ideally with patches - that the community needs?
>
> Those with PatchAvailable [1] should be checked. (Pity that we cannot just get pull requests;
coming from the land of GitHub this feels really primitive.) There were a fair number recently,
e.g. the 54298-54305 series.

> I cannot see myself spending much time on this now unfortunately, but if you are willing
to put together a 1.9.0, +1 to the effort (and incidentally a belated +1 for removing proprietary
tasks).