ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept EasyAnt as a subproject - take 2
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:30:05 GMT
+1

Nicolas

Le 27 févr. 2013 à 19:44, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> This is the come back of the proposal of bringing EasyAnt under the umbrella of the Ant
PMC.

> There were some discussion on incubator-general about the incubating hcatalog project
being "graduated" under the umbrella of the Hive PMC. I think that our case is more clear
and more standard regarding the ASF rules, but I'll remind here what is at stake, so there
is no misunderstanding (I include myself on the potentially misunderstanding people).

> EasyAnt code will be brought into Ant's svn tree.
> EasyAnt committers will become Ant committers but not part of the PMC (on 5 committers,
3 are already Ant ones, and 2 are part of Ant's PMC)
> The Ant PMC will be responsible for the code, the community, the next releases of EasyAnt.
>
> Just like for Ivy. And I like the way it worked. Further more considering my path, I
think it is good that there is no special right management in svn. I started as an IvyDE committer,
I ended improving myself Ivy and Ant.

> Since the last vote tentative, the activity on EasyAnt remained the same, somehow low
but continuous, not much less than Ant developers activity. And lately we succeeded to get
a release out.