ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.0
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 02:11:04 GMT
Hello Bruce,

I can see myself implementing the removal of the Perforce Ant tasks, this should be pretty
straightforward.

I will work on this this week-end.

Regards,

Antoine
On Jan 31, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Bruce Atherton wrote:

> We've discussed this before[1] and already voted in favour of removing the commercial
tasks from Ant some time ago[2]. A complication was that we wanted to create AntLibs for them
if we couldn't get the vendors to support them directly so that there was minimal upset for
our users, but apart from the VSS tasks that didn't happen. I did contact all the vendors
at the time but I got virtually no response. The only company that did respond, as I recall,
was Perforce. Perhaps that is why they now provide decent tasks themselves.

> So this is one instance where what we wanted to happen has happened. +1 to removing the
tasks, with a document redirect on where to get the tasks now.

> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201005.mbox/browser
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201006.mbox/browser
>
> On 30/01/2013 7:09 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would be interested to prepare soon an Ant 1.9.0 release.
>>
>> In WHATSNEW I see we already have 17 fixed bugs.
>>
>> Are there other bugs - ideally with patches - that the community needs ?
>>
>> Also, Jan Matèrne had proposed previously [1] to remove the Perforce Ant tasks from
Ant due to the availability of better tasks supplied by Perforce.