ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.0
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:40:57 GMT
We've discussed this before[1] and already voted in favour of removing
the commercial tasks from Ant some time ago[2]. A complication was that
we wanted to create AntLibs for them if we couldn't get the vendors to
support them directly so that there was minimal upset for our users, but
apart from the VSS tasks that didn't happen. I did contact all the
vendors at the time but I got virtually no response. The only company
that did respond, as I recall, was Perforce. Perhaps that is why they
now provide decent tasks themselves.

So this is one instance where what we wanted to happen has happened. +1
to removing the tasks, with a document redirect on where to get the
tasks now.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201005.mbox/browser
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201006.mbox/browser

On 30/01/2013 7:09 PM, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would be interested to prepare soon an Ant 1.9.0 release.
>
> In WHATSNEW I see we already have 17 fixed bugs.
>
> Are there other bugs - ideally with patches - that the community needs ?
>
> Also, Jan Matèrne had proposed previously [1] to remove the Perforce Ant tasks from
Ant due to the availability of better tasks supplied by Perforce.