ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Nuzzo <mnu...@vistaprint.com>
Subject Apache Ivy - CLI equivalent to ivy:deliver Ant task
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:17:35 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to add an equivalent to the <ivy:deliver> task to the Ivy command line interface.

A bit of background, I'm working on piloting ivy for dependency management.  We'd like to
avoid Ant just for dependency resolution and getting artifacts.  We've gotten a basic project
getting dependencies using Ant.  In it we use the following code to get an ivy-resolved.xml
file:

<ivy:resolve/>
<ivy:deliver deliverpattern="ivy-resolved.xml"/>

I have been working on getting the same thing working with the Ivy cli.  While doing this
I found that the command line interface does not have an equivalent of the deliver task above.
 It has a -deliverto option which only works with the -revision option which requires a specific
revision (we want it to resolve to latest) or the -publish option which publishes to the artifact
repository.  I'd like to add the ability for it to work by itself resulting in an ivy.xml
file with the given name or add a new deliver option (such as -deliver) which does that.
Example usage would be:

java -jar [ivy.jar] -settings [ivysettings.xml] -ivy [ivy.xml] -deliverto ivy-resolved.xml

Or

java -jar [ivy.jar] -settings [ivysettings.xml] -ivy [ivy.xml] -deliver ivy-resolved.xml

If I did this and submitted the patch file back, would it be accepted with no ticket in the
Jira system?  If the patch would be accepted, is there a preference for what the command line
option is called and its usage?

Thanks,

Mike N.

Michael Nuzzo
Software Engineer, Platform Architecture
T: 1.781.652.8222

Vistaprint Make an impression.
We empower millions of people worldwide to make a living, make a connection, and make a difference.