ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com>
Subject Re: deprecations
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:45:18 GMT
On 08/20/2012 01:52 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
> There are lots of methods in Ant's source that have been deprecated since e.g. v1.6.
 Does anyone object to removing deprecated methods for Ant 1.9?

I think OK so long as you are talking about members in the Java API - I guess we are still
keeping compatibility for deprecated task names and attributes.

We could probably remove things deprecated in 1.7 as well, since anyone using 1.8.x would
have already seen the deprecation warnings, but up to you.

Lots of things are marked deprecated but do not mention since when; that needs to be corrected
if they are retained.

I note with amusement that there are several @deprecated private members. If something is
private you do not need to deprecate it - just delete it right away!

Make a record in the incompatible changes section of WHATSNEW of course.