ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Argument Processor "plugin"
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:41:18 GMT
Comments:

- ArgumentProcessor#readArgument() should return a negative number for
unsupported args, otherwise a separate boolean #supports(arg) method
and a declared IllegalArgumentException from #readArgument()
- Prefer e.g. Appendable to StringBuffer in
ArgumentProcessor#printUsage() signature, or unless there is a good
reason for the configurable line separator, PrintStream or PrintWriter

I am generally in favor of the idea, so as long as the APIs are as
nice as they can be all the internals are negotiable.

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Nicolas Lalevée
<nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
> I would like to add to Ant the possibility to define custom command line options.
>
> This is motivated by the experiment I am doing with the AntDSL and the import model I
am trying to revisit (if anybody is interested, at some point I will probably discuss it on
easyant-dev, but we can also discuss here). I want things to happen before the build file
is being parsed and I want it to happen only if the end user has requested it.

> I have not committed it because it is a kind of important door opening in Ant's API.
And it is only required by an experiment. EasyAnt has some custom arguments too, it could
benefit from it, but for now it has it own "main" implementation and so has a full control
of argument parsing. So there is no real use case. yet :)