ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Argument Processor "plugin"
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:35:37 GMT
I would like to add to Ant the possibility to define custom command line options.

This is motivated by the experiment I am doing with the AntDSL and the import model I am trying
to revisit (if anybody is interested, at some point I will probably discuss it on easyant-dev,
but we can also discuss here). I want things to happen before the build file is being parsed
and I want it to happen only if the end user has requested it.

I have not committed it because it is a kind of important door opening in Ant's API. And it
is only required by an experiment. EasyAnt has some custom arguments too, it could benefit
from it, but for now it has it own "main" implementation and so has a full control of argument
parsing. So there is no real use case. yet :)

So I would like some feed back before proceeding. The suggested patch is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antdsl/branches/import-experiment/argument-processor.patch

Nicolas