ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept EasyAnt as a subproject
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:18:52 GMT

Le 15 août 2012 à 23:08, Maarten Coene a écrit :

> Nicolas,
>
> Maybe we could vote again later when there are more people around?
> I haven't been online for about a month, that's why you didn't get my vote.

Yes, this is what have been discussed on an easyant mailing list, we'll try later after showing
some nice activity from the easyant committers.

Nicolas

> Maarten
>

> ________________________________

EasyAnt will become part of the Ant project. It doesn't bylaw. We just cleared it out with
the EasyAnt community. So let's clear it out with this vote for the Ant PMC.
>> I also thought that EasyAnt should have a classical incubation period, doing release
and growing a community. But it has no sense since if EasyAnt is accepted as a subproject
of Ant, the Ant PMC will be responsible for EasyAnt code and releases.

>> So if we accept EasyAnt, the code will be imported, committers added. But releases
should be voted by us. I'm the only active EasyAnt committer which is also an Ant PMC member.
This means that other Ant PMC member should be involved so that things can roll. We have been
managing that with Ivy and IvyDE, but this is something that should have in mind while voting.
Also note that it would somehow resolve itself it some EasyAnt developer become part of the